Wednesday, April 8, 2015

52 Ancestors - Week 14 - Little Lord Fauntleroy Suit



Amy Johnson Crow at No Story Too Small has a weekly challenge to write the stories of your ancestors. This is week #14 and the suggested theme is FAVORITE PHOTOI am highlighting my grandfather - Alfred William Moehlmann, Sr.


Growing up, I lived at 489 Main St. and my maternal grandparents - Mama & Papa - lived at 489 First St, just one block away.  I could see their house from my backyard.  We were always walking there.  To me my grandfather was always old.  He was never in great health but he never complained. When I was nine we moved to Florida. I missed going to their house, but a year later they spent the entire winter in Florida.  Papa is also one of my favorite ancestors because he wrote so much about his life growing up in Indianapolis and then on his grandparents farm. I have been sharing his story "As I Was" on this blog. But even with all his stories, it is hard to really picture him as a child.

But here he his in his "Little Lord Fauntleroy" suit. One of my most treasured photos.

Alfred William Moehlmann, Sr in Little Lord Fauntleroy suit., 1900, age 6, Indianapolis, Indiana
from Moehlmann Family Collection

I love having that childhood photo but the one below is how I remember by grandparents. It is their 50th wedding celebration in March 1971.
March 1971, Helan Margaret (Bovenschen) and Alfred Willliam Moehlmann, Sr.
from Moehlmann Family Collection


1 comment:

  1. You're right. It does look a lot like my picture! They were born at about the same time too.

    ReplyDelete