Sunday, May 10, 2015

#52 Ancestors Week 19 - There's a Way - Helen Bovenschen & 7 Generations of Mothers



Amy Johnson Crow at No Story Too Small has a weekly challenge to write the stories of your ancestors. This is week #19 and the suggested theme is THERE'S A WAY. I am highlighting Helen Bovenschen and the mother's in this line.

I was looking for a way to incorporate Mother's Day into this week's challenge. I have been working on my grandfather Alfred Moehlmann's writings and so I decided to honor his wife, my maternal grandmother, Helen Margaret (Bovenschen) Moehlmann 1896-1986. I thought I would highlight her life in pictures. 

1987

Helen Margaret Bovenschen between older siter Tressa
and younger sister Grace c. 1897
from Moehlmann  Family Collection

1910

Helen Margaret Bovenschn - Confirmation Photo 1910
from Moehlmann Family Collection

1918

\
Helen Margaret Bovenschen c. 1918, in front of  Bovenschen home
from Moehlmann Family Collection

1922

Helen Margaret Bovenschen Moehlmann with husband Alfred
and first born child Harold. 1922, Linton, Indiana

1925

Helen's Family in 1925, Jasonville, Indiana
Alfred, Jane (my mother), Avery, Harold
from Moehlmann Family Collection

1955

Helen with her children, their spouses, and grandchildren in 1955 at her home in Linton, Indiana.  L to R: Arnold & Jane Sargent (my parents), Helen and Butler Rhodenbeck, Margaret & Abe Moehlmann, Vera & Bill Moehlamnn, Alfred & Helen Moehlmann, Tuney & Patty Moehlmann, & son Jon  Sitting in front: Lynda & Randy Sargent, Mike Rhodenbeck, David son of Abe, Terri & Sue Anne daughters of Bill, Pam daughter of Tuney. Three more grandchildren were born after this picture - Melynda & Brian Rhodenbeck and Jennie daughter of Abe.
But you know how it goes... I was looking at all these photographs and I started thinking...I wonder how many generations of mothers in this line I have photos for?  Imagine how excited I was when I realized it was seven.  So I found a way to put all seven generations is a collage.




Gesena (Memering) Heitman 1818-1893 mother-in-law of
   Anna (Ramacher) Heitman 1849-1908 mother of
      Gesena (Heitman) Bovenschen 1867-1933 mother of
         Helen Margaret (Bovenschen) Moehlmann 1896-1986 mother of
            Esther Jane (Moehlmann) Sargent 1924-2008 mother of
               Lynda Lee (Sargent) Towles mother of
                  Jeannie Towles mother of Nathan
                   

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY EVERYONE!







1 comment: