Saturday, June 13, 2015

#52 Ancestors Week 23 - Wedding - Moehlmann & Sargent


Amy Johnson Crow at No Story Too Small has a weekly challenge to write the stories of your ancestors. This is week #23 and the suggested theme is WEDDING.  I am going to highlight my parents wedding.

I was surprised to find that I don't have any direct ancestors that were married in June.  February and March are the most popular months for a marriage closely followed by September and October.  So today I am gong to post about my parents wedding photo.

Weddingn Photo of Esther Jane Moehlmann and Arnold Lee Sargent - 29 Sep 1946, Linton, Indiana
l to r: Alfred Moehlmann, Jane Moehlmann, Helen Moehlmann, Bertha Sargent, Arnold Sargent, Donald Sargent
from Sargent Family Collection
What a solemn photo. Mom is the only one smiling. You might notice her gold front tooth. She was several years away from having it replaced.  The wedding took place in her parents home in the living room. 


It's funny how I never noticed the vibraharp before. The music was provided by one for the wedding. It's like an xylophone and is on the right in the photo. Here is a you tube sample of the vibraharp sound. 




No comments:

Post a Comment